SmartProcess is hosted at AWS (Amazon Web Services) with the server location in Frankfurt (Germany). For customers from the USA, SmartProcess is hosted at AWS in Ohio (USA). In cloud operation (SaaS), CWA ensures the installation, maintenance and complete operation of the application.
The AWS cloud infrastructure is designed to the latest standards as one of the most secure cloud computing environments. AWS also provides hosting services for large enterprises and healthcare organizations with sensitive data.
- Firewall protects access to application server
- Secure data transfer between application server and database
- Encrypted database
- Encrypted access to the application
- Daily backup of the data
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is fulfilled
- AWS holds all relevant certificates – Further information from AWS
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 27001 – Security Management Controls
- ISO 27017 – Cloud Specific Controls
- ISO 27018 – Personal Data Protection
Advantages of Cloud solutions:
- Easy access via the Internet
- No own server required
- No hardware or software purchase
- Flexible scalability for the required licenses
- No resources required for operation
- Also available for partners via the Internet
- Easy access for updates
SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) support for authentication (Single Sign On) of users in the cloud solution. SmartProcess can be configured to use an external identity provider (IdP) to authenticate users using SAML.
You can use the MS Azure AD add-on module to synchronize users and users can log on to the system using the MS Azure. So a Single Sign-on is possible.